Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Song of the Day


Listening to the Coverville James Brown show on Saturday (It was disappointing. I think James may be one of those inimitable artists who can’t really be covered), I got an idea for Song of the Day. I wasn’t able to use it on Monday, as the BG woke up before reveille, but I held onto it for this morning. Listening to the actual song (Say it Loud, I’m Black and Proud) I see that my lyrics hewed closer to the metrics of Superbad, but the acappella rendition went off well this morning.
  
I got this feelin’. I don’t know from where.
I got this feelin. Think I wanna go upstairs.
I go on up, and into Evie’s room.
Stand right beside her, break off a little funky tune:
Say it Loud! Wake up right now!
Say it Loud! Wake up right now!


No comments:

Post a Comment