Thursday, December 20, 2012

Potluck Menu Planning

I bought the rib roast for Sunday's Secret Santa Potluck yesterday; it's cut and tied and ready for roasting, which I'll do under a salt crust. Twelve beautiful pounds! I'll also decide tomorrow what sauces to make--I'm leaning toward a red wine jus and something with a horseradish base.

To supplement the promised offerings thus far (salad, bread, polenta, beer, squash casserole, sweet potatoes. fresh fruit), I've been working on hors d'oeuvres and desserts over the last two days. Here's what I've got so far:



Both cookie recipes use 1/2 whole wheat flour. I'll make one more dessert item tomorrow, and possibly purchase another vegetable for the dinner. We are also planning, in the BG's honor (and G Hel's I suppose) a pickle plate. The other dishes are all from the Joy, except for one of the dipping sauces, which is from my girl, Nigella.

My Secret Santa gift is nearly complete. I just need to buy yet another cartridge for our printer. This time it's cyan. I have decided to start buying them in twos, so that we are never off-colour. We always seem to be one short of a full spectrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment