This morning as Jeezy was checking his Ipad he commented on the desultory quality of his recent Internet searches. I married his with mine to give a flavor of our visit. The Internet is so much better than our former dispute resolution source--an out-of-date set of encyclopedias in the living room cabinet:
- Was Jenga a traditional game somwhere? (No. invented in 1978)
- What was in Uncle Jim's famous tomato butter? (Not sure, but we suspect brown sugar and vinegar or lemon juice).
- Where did Robert Graves end up living out his days? (Majorca)
- What was Cato's deal? (Staunch republican, Caesar opponent, played by Christopher Walken in a 2002 miniseries).
- Where is Easter Island and to whom does it belong? (South Pacific. Chile)
- Is skint really a word? (Yep. It means broke; busted tapped out).
- "Half hazardly," "upmost" and other eggcorns