Monday, August 27, 2012

Nutmeg Oil

Worldwide brought me a bottle of nutmeg oil from Malaysia. According to the Internet (No independent verification):

Nutmeg oil has a warm, spicy, sharp aroma; it has a number of properties including being analgesic, anti-septic, digestive, an aphrodisiac, stimulant, tonic and anti-oxidant. In aromatherapy, Nutmeg is used in the treatment of a number of conditions; it is used to treat arthritis, gout, rheumatism, poor circulation, indigestion, constipation, flatulence, nausea, nervous fatigue and anxiety.
It also is reputed to help with back pain, respiratory problems and kidney disease; and to be a brain tonic that can improve your dreams. Who knew?

My plan is to use it as an aftershave, similar to bay rum, which I've used in the past, and liked. Although not as bracing, it does have sort of a nice aroma. Worldwide says I smell like a cookie. OG says I smell like a rich Egyptian. That's distinctive, if nothing else, I suppose.


No comments:

Post a Comment