Monday, October 14, 2013

Sometimes a Coffee is Something Else.


Yesterday, two of my co-workers took me for a walk at Ada Ciganlija. Jovana (left) met me in Slavija square, and we took the bus out there. I paid; she didn't. We met Stela and her eight-year old daughter at the park, and the four of us circumnavigated it, spurred by the promise of coffee (for some) and ice cream (for others) at a cafe about three-quarters of the way around.

There were many to choose from, but this establishment is Jovana's favorite because it offers a specialty of the house that is really a sundae masquerading as a beverage. The photo doesn't do it justice; it had a bouffant of whipped cream, and was studded with various cornets, chocolates and sprinkles. I cropped this version out of the picture above, and the resolution is poor. My more sensible fresh squeezed orange juice is pictured above, but my chocolate caramel ice cream bar is not.


No comments:

Post a Comment