Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Here Comes the Hoss

So it looks like one of the judges whose courts we automated has decided to free Hosni Mubarak from prison. Not sure how I feel about this. From everything I read it looks like the charges were kind of trumped up and due process has been followed. Right?

Nonetheless, he seems like a thug who threw a lot of people into jail unjustly and used his country's assets to enrich himself and his cronies. I feel like a thorough investigation would bring a lot of this to light, but I don't have any hard evidence to support it, just as I don't know for sure that Mohammed Morsi didn't conspire with Hamas to free himself from prison. How can you argue for process when the process itself seems so political?

Any better ideas? I think they both should be freed, and that they should both be allowed to run again, except that the country should eliminate the office of the president and return to a parliamentary system, with the untouchable presidential office retired to the Valley of the Kings.

I am so sad for Egypt. A lot of good people don't deserve this. But some do.

"Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair."






No comments:

Post a Comment