Friday, February 22, 2013

Chasing Dan Dan

With Worldwide and the OG off to see the Peace University (Go Pacers!) production of Into the Woods last night, the BG and I had another crack at Dan Dan noodles. I made a vegetarian version (with stir fry chicken on the side for me) of a recipe attributed to Jamie Oliver, and it was pretty close to the rendition at Gourmet Kingdom (where the BG and I enjoyed lunch on Monday). I think a little minced ginger in the spice mixture would make this perfect, and I'll let you know after we try it. Either way, it was tasty and dead easy. The black vinegar was the only thing not usually in our pantry (until now) and it made a big difference.

Mix 4 cloves of garlic, minced, 3 tbs soy sauce, 1 tsp. ground black pepper, 2 tbs black vinegar and 3 tbs chili paste. Reserve

Cook noodles and rinse with cold water. Add to serving bowl, and moisten with vegetable stock (I used about 1/2 cup), heated. Add spice mix and 2 spring onions, chopped.



No comments:

Post a Comment