Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 1

First day in BG passed without incident, although it began unexpectedly.  Contemplating my high tech shower, I pushed every button several times, before I finally got it working. As I was washing my hair, the phone rang. Thinking that it was my colleague wanting to make breakfast arrangements, I ignored it, resolving to return his call in 5 minutes. But it kept ringing, so I jumped out to answer it.

Hello Sir, this is the Front Desk. You pulled the emergency cord three times, Is everything OK?

Sheepishly, I apologized, although, in retrospect, you would think that an alarm might have some markings to indicate that if you pull it, people are going to spring into action, I can't possibly have been the first person to have pulled the cord underneath the shower.








No comments:

Post a Comment